Presentation is everything!
Take a good look at the property you are about to place on the market for sale – could it do with any improvement? Think! – if someone is coming to have a look at the property with a view to calling it their home, make sure it looks inviting.
Some tips on presenting your property
- Take time to give it a clean and make it look inviting including the windows
- If it’s been sitting empty for a while and the weather’s turned cold outside it’s a good idea to turn the heating on to take the chill away.
- Watch out for strong smells it may put people off, so don’t cook strong smelling foods before the viewing, empty the litter tray if you have a cat, open a window and give the property a good airing.
- Be objective, if the property has been tenanted previously it may need a lick of paint
- The carpets, how old are they? When was the last time they were replaced?
- Take a little bit of extra time in the morning to leave the property presentable, make the beds, put the washing away etc
Remember there are a lot of properties on the sales market so make sure yours stands out for all the right reasons and not the wrong ones! A good set of photographs is key, as the property is being marketed on line so first impressions will last. On instructing Aston Knight we will send our in-house professional photographer to take a range of photographs, arrange a professional floor plan and an EPC.
Always make sure the property is looking its best! If you have tenants make sure you give them enough notice that a viewing is taking place at the property so they are fully aware and can give it a quick tidy beforehand.
Ask your solicitor to prepare a sellers pack prior to marketing the property including the management information (this you will need to pay for in advance) to help speed up the process as this information can be delayed and in many cases will hold up the transaction.
What happens once a prospective buyer have been found
- Aston Knight will inform your solicitor of your buyers solicitor outlining the agreed price and any special conditions.
- We will contact you on a weekly basis with an update of exactly how the sale is progressing right up until exchange of contracts.
- We will make sure the changeover to your purchaser is made as smoothly as possible with our knowledgeable and friendly sales team on completion
For any further information and for a free valuation please do not hesitate to contact one of our offices and speak to an experienced member of staff